Voting is open from today until 14 May in the Museums at Night Connect! competition. Torre Abbey has been shortlisted to go to public vote for Connect! in October 2016. Torre Abbey will get a iframe/wigit put on the front page of their website, with links via social media for easy voting. Please help Torre Abbey to get an internationally-acclaimed artist to the South West.
Torre Abbey wrote a proposal to Aowen Jin, an artist who makes images that glow under UV light. They thought her work would be accessible and inspiring for children, young people and families as well as art-lovers, and they proposed that she worked with families and the public to make work in the gardens and the house.
Posted April 29, 2016 at 10:00 am
On 7 July at our Annual Conference and AGM, YOU could be voted in to one of our Board positions! All SWFed Board roles are up for re-election; please read the election and nomination information below. You don’t have to have 20 years’ experience in the sector, just a drive and enthusiasm to help us take the heritage sector in the south west forward together.
SWFed is a limited company with charitable status. Board members are also Trustees of the South Western Federation of Museums and Art Galleries (charity No 1113399). The Board elects Directors of the Company (No 05536131) at its first meeting after the AGM. Read More…
Posted April 29, 2016 at 8:17 am
Arts Council England are seeking to recruit five new members of the Designation Panel to take up positions from August 2016.
Posted April 28, 2016 at 8:00 am
- Be part of something special: join our Board in its 85th year!
- Booking is now open for the SWFed 2016 conference and AGM
- SWFed Spring Forum, ‘Museums for the Future: Economic Sustainability’
- Art Fund curatorial development opportunity: ICA Film Biennial
- Teen Twitter Takeover – get involved on 12 August
- Museums Association South West Members’ Meeting – are you attending?
- The Economics of Touring Exhibitions – don’t miss these seminars in your area!