Museums Funding Fair, Manchester
People’s History Museum – 22 September, 10:30 – 15:00
Museum Development North West will host a Museums Funding Fair in September. The event will give museums and arts professionals the opportunity to meet various funding organisations face-to-face. Attending organisations include Arts Council England, Arts Marketing Association, Association of Independent Museums, British Museum, Collections Trust, Curious Minds, Heritage Alliance, Heritage Lottery Fund, Institute of Fundraising, Museums Association, National Gallery, National Portrait Gallery, NWFed, Science Museums Group and V&A. Read More…
Posted July 25, 2016 at 4:23 pm
The Society for Museum Archaeology (SMA) is launching a three year project to survey museums holding archaeology collections in order to answer the questions: Are museums running out of space, staff…and time?
The project, funded by Historic England, will not only provide an overall national picture, but will also provide an insight into the regional impact.
At a time when museums, universities, local societies and heritage organisations are coming together to celebrate the annual ‘Festival of Archaeology’, it is recognised across the discipline that there is an annual increase in the number of museums that cease to collect archaeological archives from commercial, community and research projects, mainly due to pressure on storage space. Many local authority museums are experiencing budget cuts that have led to staff losses. The extent of the impact of austerity has not been accurately measured, and it is essential that information is collected to inform discussions on the future of archaeological archive provision in England at a time when there is growing uncertainty over the role of museums and the ways they are resourced. Read More…
Posted July 25, 2016 at 3:45 pm
As part of the Open Sesame programme, there will be a training day around engagement with 0 to 2 year olds taking place in Taunton on 13 September 2016.
This event will enable you or your organisation to:
- Observe Octopus Inc’s immersive show for 0-2 year olds BRAVE STEPS
- Gain confidence in engaging families with very young children (0-2 years)
- Create resources for very young children, reflecting the nature of your venue and its content
- Develop a wealth of ideas and activities, tailored to your own programme, and the needs and interests of very young children
Posted July 20, 2016 at 6:06 pm
- Arts Council England adds new funds and makes changes to investment
- 2016 engage International Conference: Whose Art? Our Art!
- Applications open for the 2016/17 Max Reinhardt Literacy Awards
- The Art Fund Curator Workshop bursary application deadline extended