The first South West Museum Skills programme sessions for 2016/17 have now been announced. Over 20 sessions will run from June 2016 until March 2017 and dates and bookings for the sessions will be released in three tranches during the year.
The following training for the first tranche will be delivered in June and July 2016.
- What can documentation do for me? 20th June, M Shed, Bristol
- Building and leading a volunteer team, 28th June, Museum of Bath at Work, Bath
- Foundations of volunteer recruitment and retention, Dorset History Centre, Dorchester
- Looking after social history collections, 15th July, Museum of Somerset, Taunton
Posted May 27, 2016 at 1:25 pm
Arts Council England are making £2.4 million available to museums through the second round of the Ready to Borrow scheme.
This programme allows museums to borrow from national organisations, by helping them upgrade exhibition spaces. This will give more people around the country the opportunity to learn from and enjoy cultural objects.
Posted May 27, 2016 at 10:00 am
We’d like to introduce all of the workshop hosts at our 2016 Conference & AGM on the theme of Visitor Experience. Next up is Josh Gaillemin – Partner, The Whole Story.
Josh will be hosting a workshop entitled Pro-actively approaching and engaging visitors with collections.
“Staff and volunteers are the face of your organization, and a conversation with them is often what makes a visit stand out. For some FoH staff, these conversations are harder than for others to get started (or to stop!) We will look at ways to encourage and support staff and volunteers to be more proactive in their approach to visitors, and to ensure they appreciate the value these interactions have: to visitors, to your organization and to themselves.”
Posted May 27, 2016 at 8:00 am
- Be part of something special: join our Board in its 85th year!
- Booking is now open for the SWFed 2016 conference and AGM
- Last few days to apply for the M&S Energy Community Energy Fund
- Economic Sustainability – the SWFed Spring Forum Overview
- Conference Workshop Spotlight: Caroline Marcus – Takeover Day Director, Kids in Museums
- Economics of Touring Seminars by The Touring Exhibitions Group – in your area soon!