Tenure of premises
Accredited museums must either own the properties they occupy or have current, signed agreements covering all the premises they use, including stores, on and off site.
- Are all buildings housing collections accounted for within application form?
- Do any of the agreements expire within 12 months of the date of application/return? If so, whatevidence has been provided to demonstrate appropriateness?
- What actions are present in the Forward Plan to ensure a secure long term home for the collections?
- Do any of the agreements have short or very short notice periods (less than 12 months)? If so, is this risk managed within the forward plan (see requirement 1.4)?
- Are any buildings occupied without formal written agreements? What evidence or explanation has been provided?