Entries are invited for The Sandford Awards 2020. The awards have celebrated and promoted high quality in heritage education since 1978. The scheme provides independent quality assurance to sites that run formal education programmes in the UK and Ireland - from museums and historic houses to natural heritage sites and different collections.
The non competitive awards provide national recognition and publicity for winning sites, and are made annually. The focus on the awards is on formal, curriculum-linked education opportunities offered to schools by heritage sites, although recognition is also made of informal learning such as family programmes.
Previous winners in the South West include No.1 Royal Crescent, Falmouth Art Gallery, Herschel Museum of Astronomy, M Shed Bristol and The Priest's House Museum.
- A ‘kite mark’ for high quality education provision which is recognised by schools and other education institutions across the United Kingdom
- The opportunity to use your award to attract new visitors
- A detailed consultancy report as part of the expert judging process, which you can use to effect positive change in your organisation
- The opportunity to attend an award ceremony
- National recognition among the heritage sector of the personal contribution of you and your team, which will help to motivate the whole site to develop its good practice further
- Publicity for winning sites
Closing date for entries is Friday 14 February
Click here to find out more: http://sandfordaward.org/