- A major focus on nature, communities, and on ensuring everyone is able to enjoy heritage – three top priorities for people who responded to the consultation
- new models of investment, moving beyond grants to include loans and partnerships, designed to attract others to invest money alongside the National Lottery
- more support for commercial, sustainable approaches to tackling heritage that’s in danger of being lost
- investment and support to help heritage organisations to be more financially sustainable
- a requirement for every heritage project that receives funding to be environmentally friendly
- simpler, streamlined and more efficient funding
- greater engagement and support to help 13 deprived communities that have in the past been less successful securing funding
- continued support for large-scale, iconic projects over £5million
The application process for funding has now been simplified and their simpler portfolio is now open, which includes:
- National Lottery Grants for Heritage - an open programme for any type of heritage project from £3,000–£5million
- Heritage funding campaigns designed to fulfil strategic needs or funding gaps. The first two campaigns will launch in 2019, focusing on helping: organisations build their capacity and organisational resilience; to build digital capabilities
- Joint funds to deliver strategic initiatives in partnership with other organisations, such as the Future Parks Accelerator partnership with the National Trust
- Social investments such as impact funds and loans
- Two rounds of major grants of over £5m in 2020–21 and 2022–23
“Over the next five years, The National Lottery Heritage Fund will inspire, lead and resource the UK’s heritage, distributing more than £1bn. So we will be making more decisions on funding locally and focusing on the heritage that really matters to people, creating jobs, bringing economic prosperity and improving people’s lives right across the UK.”
To read the full Strategic Funding Framework 2019-2024, click here.
Since you're here...
The South West Fed Conference 2019 'Inspiring Audiences: Home and Away' takes place on 4 & 5 July in Plymouth. Why not join us? Find out more by clicking here.