Small museums (accredited or provisionally accredited) can apply for up to £3,000 from the Places of Science funding scheme, which has the aim of supporting communities to engage with science through museums and their collections.
The scheme provides grants of up to £3,000 to small museums, funding projects that tell the stories of science and scientists relevant to communities across the UK.
The Royal Society wants to to fund projects that
- highlight the topics, stories and people that are relevant to your local community
- present science in new and interesting ways
- encourage participation and involvement of the local community
- provoke curiosity, interest and enthusiasm among those that take part
The organisation is particularly interested in projects that
- explore the experiences of historically underrepresented people
- are led by organisations that don’t normally feature scientific content
- involve partners that can enhance the project’s outcomes, impact or quality
- reach audiences who do not normally engage with science
This scheme is now open for applications and will close at 3pm on Wednesday 26 September 2018. Please click here for further information about the scheme and how to apply.