The shortlist for the Museums + Heritage Awards has been announced, and includes several organisations from the South West. With a record number of entries this year making the shortlisting very competitive, Bernard Donoghue, one of the judges, said: "The entries are amazing; outstanding examples of clever, creative, provocative story-telling and partnerships with audiences"
Organisations from the South West that made the shortlist include:
- The Salisbury Museum, Terry Pratchett: His World (Temporary or Touring Exhibition)
- National Trust - Buckland Abbey, Buckland Abbey Art Ambassador Volunteers (Volunteers of the Year Award – Team)
- Cornwall's Regimental Museum, Jenny Simmons (Volunteer of the Year Award – Individual)
- Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery, Exeter, The Shop at RAMM (Best Shop under £500k)
- Bristol Aero Collection Trust, Aerospace Bristol (Marketing Campaign)
Anna Bryant, Chair, South West Fed said: "It's fantastic to see organisations and people in the South West being recognised for their hard work in the sector. Congratulations to those who were shortlisted. Of course, awards only provide a small snapshot of the talent and brilliance of the South West heritage sector, but it's a great opportunity to celebrate that work."
To view the full shortlist, please click here. The winners will be announced at a ceremony on 16 May.