The third Museums and Wellbeing Week will take place between 12-18 March 2018. The National Alliance for Museums, Health and Wellbeing (NAMHW) will co-ordinate the week, which will showcase the inspiring work museums across the UK are either already doing in the field or would like to pilot.
You can get involved if you’re a museum, cultural or heritage organisation whatever your size and are interested in:
- Showcasing what you’re already doing and badge your existing health and wellbeing provision
- Piloting and developing new activities or running a one-off activity
- Setting up a pop-up information stand for an afternoon or even an hour with a member of staff, volunteer or freelance artist
- Publicising your events through Twitter with event hashtag #museumsandwellbeing
Benefits to you
- Free publicity through the National Alliance for Museums, Health and Wellbeing
- Being part of a national initiative to raise awareness of health and wellbeing work in museums
- An opportunity to make connections with potential local health and wellbeing partners and key influencers
How to get involved
Visit the NAMHW website here to download the form and send them your event details. All events will be added to their website https://museumsandwellbeingalliance.wordpress.com/...
Museums Health and Wellbeing Conference, 13 March 2018
Tickets are now on sale for NAMHW's third conference at Thinktank in Birmingham on 13 March 2018. The future Culture, Health and Wellbeing Alliance will be officially launched at the conference. To find out more about the new Alliance please click here.
The line-up includes speakers Emma Hanson the Head of Strategic Commissioning Adult Community Support from Kent County Council and Jane Povey GP and Founding Director of Creative Inspiration Shropshire. Workshop sessions will explore green wellbeing, evaluation, embedding wellbeing as an organisation, staff wellbeing, piloting provision and working with learning disabled artists to design and deliver arts activities for children and families. To book please visit here.