Posted May 24, 2019 at 14:24 PM
To work as part of the Collections Team and undertake collections management procedures relating to the Reference Library Collection.
To help facilitate access to the Reference Library Collection, through effective physical storage, efficient information retrieval and engagement in audience-based activities.
• To be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of appropriate levels of care of the Reference Library Collection.
• Undertake preventative conservation of the Reference Library Collection, including storage, environmental monitoring and pest management.
• To be responsible for all aspects of documentation of the Reference Library Collection, in line with in-house conventions and national standards for museums.
• Ensure that the existing documentation backlog relating to the Reference Library Collection is addressed, in line with the Documentation Plan and national standards for museums.
• Actively seek the acquisition of new titles for the Collection and arrange for the binding of loose journals into bound volumes on an annual basis.
• Undertake a review and rationalisation of the Reference Library Collection, in liaison with colleagues.
• Supervise volunteers in the Reference Library, providing training where necessary.
• Actively contribute to Collections Team initiatives, including grant aided projects, Accreditation returns and tours of the Collection Centre.
• Attend and contribute to Team and Documentation Group meetings.
• Generate reports about the Reference Library as required.
• Contribute to forward planning and operational documents.
• Provide cover for the Motoring Research Service as required.
For an informal discussion, please telephone Dominic Ivaldi on 01590 614654 To apply for this position please download an application form from our website at www.beaulieu.co.uk/careers . Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01590 614681 if you would like an application form posted to you.
Organisation name: National Motor Museum Trust
Contact name: Beverley Pearce
Contact phone number: 01590614681
Contact website: http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/careers
Type: Full-time (permanent)
Salary: £22,500 - £24,000 per annum
Location: Beaulieu, Brockenhurst, Hampshire SO42 7ZN
Deadline for completed applications: Tuesday 18 June 2019
Have a look at more jobs listings in the sector by clicking here