Posted November 23, 2018 at 15:39 PM
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced educator to join our learning team to work with schools and young people and develop and deliver our practical cross-curricular learning activities.
Responsible to: Learning and Community Engagement Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced educator to join the learning team at Aerospace Bristol, a museum operated by registered charity, Bristol Aero Collection Trust
Aerospace Bristol tells the incredible story of over 100 years of aerospace design and manufacturing from the perspective of those who were part of it. The museum has STEM learning at its heart and aims to inspire, entertain and inform present and future generations through their understanding of and engagement with the stories and collections of Bristol’s aerospace industry – past, present and future. It will, of course, also be home to the last Concorde ever built and the last to fly when it returned to its birthplace in Filton.
If you have a passion for cross-curricular and hands-on museum learning then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
• Deliver activities, learning sessions and outreach as part of a programme of educational group visits, outreach, tertiary research and life-long learning opportunities and events.
• Work with other members of the team to create and develop educational resources and activities for target groups identified in the Activity Plan.
• Promote learning programmes and projects to target groups paying particular attention to non-user groups.
• Prepare learning spaces and equipment for activity sessions.
• Assist in the management of the content of the learning section of the museum’s website and contribute content for newsletters• Liaise with schools, colleges, teachers and lecturers to promote the museum, and answer enquiries relating to the museum learning offer - make contacts and actively develop teacher relationships and promote the collections, activities and web resources to schools.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will have a passion for learning and experience working in education and the STEM or heritage sectors. The capability to work as a part of a team is essential as is being people focused and outcome orientated.
Specific requirements for the role are:
9. Knowledge of relevant legislative requirements relating to the role.
The post holder will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Weekend and some evening and Bank Holiday working will be required. Bristol Aero Collection Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Applicants should apply with a CV and a supporting statement as to why they are interested and suitably experienced for this position, please include your current salary and job role. Please email to email@example.com. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 7 December 2018 at 12 noon. Alternatively, you can send a hard copy to: Amy Seadon Aerospace Bristol Hayes Way Patchway Bristol BS34 5BZ Interviews will be held during the week commencing 10 December. If you already know that you cannot make any days during this week, please provide alternative dates with your application, stating when you would be available for interview.
Organisation name: Aerospace Bristol
Contact name: Amy Seadon
Contact phone number: 01174037682
Contact website: http://www.aerospacebristol.org/careers
Type: Full-time (fixed term)
Salary: £18,000 to £24,000
Deadline for completed applications: Friday 07 December 2018
Have a look at more jobs listings in the sector by clicking here