Posted September 05, 2018 at 11:35 AM
Jet Age Museum is the public element of Gloucestershire Aviation Collection (GAC), a registered Charity No 297818 and a registered Company No 02141333, covering the collection of aircraft and exhibits focussed on the work of the former Gloster Aircraft Company. The Gloster Aircraft Company is particularly well-known for the production of the prototype jet aircraft, the E28/39, powered by the allied nations' first jet engine designed by Sir Frank Whittle.
Volunteer Guides welcome and engage with visitors of all ages, especially families, to ensure that they understand and get the most out of the Jet Age experience whilst remaining safe within the museum environment.
Jet Age Volunteer Guides are responsible for:
• Providing excellent customer care by being polite and helpful at all times.
• Ensuring that safety standards in the museum are maintained with any problems being reported immediately.
• Supporting other volunteers in their specific roles. Informing the Duty Manager (DM) of unusual or difficult events that may require the DM's specific attention.
• Exercise control of and for visitors in adverse circumstance.
• Comply fully with the Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy.
• Comply with specific ToRs for the role in which employed.
Additionally, there are other specific responsibilities for each of the exhibits/volunteer roles within the museum.
To attend and enjoy engaging with others in the Volunteer Team and with our visitors for 2 days or 4 half-days per month or more when possible.
Visit the Jet Age Museum website and complete the contact form.
Organisation name: Jet Age Museum
Contact name: Paul Griffiths
Contact phone number: 01452260078
Contact website: http://www.jetagemuseum.org/TheMuseum/Volunteering.aspx
Location: Meteor Business Park, Cheltenham Road East, Gloucester, GL2 9QL
Deadline for completed applications: Monday 31 December 2018
Have a look at more jobs listings in the sector by clicking here