Posted December 05, 2018 at 11:18 AM
The successful candidate will be confident, creative, versatile and proactive and thrive on building new relationships.
In this role you will also be responsible for developing and implementing the abbey’s fundraising strategy. You will identify and cultivate relationships with existing and prospective funders as well as supporting the management team in securing funding for a range of projects and activities.
The closing date for applications is 14th December 2018.
Interviews will be held on 17th January 2019
Title of Post: Development Manager
Salary: £29,380 rising to £30,262 after six month probationary period
Contract: This is a permanent post.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. There will be occasions when additional hours working is required and this may include weekends or evenings
Reports to: Director
Principal Working relationships: Director, Head of Communication and Commercial Development, Deputy Director
(Head of Finance and Support), Membership Officer, PA to the Director.
Purpose of the post
The main purpose of the post is to support the business aims of Glastonbury Abbey and contribute to its values, vision and objectives by attracting external funds for development projects through fundraising campaigns, individual and corporate
This job description sets out the principal accountabilities of the post. It does not include every task necessary to fulfil the purpose of the
Strategy and Planning
1. To develop and implement the fundraising strategy for Glastonbury Abbey and advise the Director on wider fundraising strategic issues.
2. To research grant aid for Glastonbury Abbey’s projects and identify funding compatible with its aims and values by researching and identifying suitable grantmaking trusts, individuals and organisations as potential donors.
3. To work with Glastonbury Abbey’s managers to identify funding opportunities for projects, identify suitable funding sources and draft appropriate grant applications.
4. To support the Director and other managers in making grant applications.
5. To prepare submissions and all supporting material relating to funding applications in line with the requirements of potential funding bodies and with reference to their published guidelines.
6. To assist the Head of Communication and Commercial Development in developing and implementing a sponsorship strategy for Glastonbury Abbey.
7. To assist the Head of Communication and Commercial Development in devising and implementing corporate giving schemes for Glastonbury Abbey.
8. To assist with the planning and administration of meetings and site visits with potential donors and grant-giving bodies and ensure that all appropriate literature and display materials are available when necessary.
9. To create and develop imaginative fundraising activities when necessary, in liaison with the events team and as agreed with the Director. To liaise with the Volunteer Coordinator in recruiting and managing volunteers working on fundraising activities
10.To liaise with the Head of Communication and Commercial Development and Director on distribution channels and content for printed and on-line giving opportunities. To prepare all necessary print and copywriting associated with fundraising activities, working with appropriate external suppliers where applicable.
11.To be the signatory responsible for the fundraising budgets.
12.To manage the ongoing relationship with relevant donors and prospects. To monitor and report on the delivery of commitments by both parties and to keep them informed through regular communications and invitations to visit the abbey and the work in
progress or attend special events.
13.To create and maintain accurate records on conditions of grant aid, donations and bequests and ensure that information is kept updated. To ensure that all commitments are provided according to the terms of the respective agreements.
14.Develop and manage the abbey’s legacy programme.
15.To arrange the collections and safe deposit of all monies raised by fundraising activities.
Reporting and Evaluation
16.To advise project steering groups and management meetings on progress with fundraising activities.
17.To maintain accurate records of all fundraising and donations received.
18.To measure the results of fundraising campaigns and initiatives and present findings to inform future initiatives.
19.With the Director, participate in the formulation of detailed objectives for development funding.
20.Assist the Director in ensuring the effective and efficient implementation of Glastonbury Abbey’s objectives, including financial ones.
21.To assist in ensuring effective working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of Glastonbury Abbey.
22.To ensure effective and accessible communication with other members of staff, visitors, service users, the general public and others as appropriate and in line with policy.
23.Observe equal opportunities, with respect to both visitors and members of staff. Treat everyone with respect and tolerance, regardless of faith, nationality, gender and sexual orientation.
24.Observe all Health and Safety at Work procedures as set out by Glastonbury Abbey.
Be responsible for your own personal health and safety and that of others, including visitors. Observe all other policies and procedures as set out by Glastonbury Abbey.
25.Any other tasks agreed with the Director.
Please visit https://www.glastonburyabbey.com/job-vacancies.php
Organisation name: Glastonbury Abbey
Contact name: Janet Bell
Contact phone number: 01458832267
Contact website: http://www.glastonburyabbey.com
Type: Full-time (permanent)
Salary: £29,380 rising to £30,262
Location: Somerset, UK
Deadline for completed applications: Friday 14 December 2018
Have a look at more jobs listings in the sector by clicking here