Posted January 15, 2019 at 11:44 AM
The Keep Military Museum is therefore seeking an Archive Officer. The individual appointed should be a qualified archivist, preferably with military archive experience. They should have demonstrable understanding of ISAD(G), General Data Protection Regulations, and other archive related standards or regulations.
The principal responsibilities will be:
• Breaking down bulk accessed material.
• Reviewing material accessed and scanned to date to ensure that Modes references are correct and follow a consistent format.
• Creating a hierarchical archive catalogue to reflect the collections and order material in a more effective manner.
• Training and recruiting archive volunteers to assist with the above tasks.
• Promoting the use of the Keep Military Museum archive amongst external researchers, interest groups and the public.
• Training existing archive users in good practice and supervising access to archive materials.
In addition to this, the successful candidate will be expected to play a full part in the life of the museum, including occasional Front of House work, exhibitions, assisting with visiting groups and other duties as required.
Some weekend and evening working may be necessary, for which time off in lieu is given.
Applications are by CV and covering letter addressed to Chris Copson, Curator, The Keep Military Museum, Barrack Road, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1RN, Curator@keepmilitarymuseum.org. For an informal discussion of the post, please contact the Curator on (01305) 264066.
Organisation name: The Keep Military Museum
Contact name: Laura Jayne Gardner
Contact phone number: 01305264066
Contact website: http://www.keepmilitarymuseum.org
Type: Full-time (fixed term)
Salary: £22,000 - 25,000
Location: Dorchester, Dorset
Deadline for completed applications: Monday 11 February 2019
Have a look at more jobs listings in the sector by clicking here