Accredited museums provide access to the collections and associated information for research purposes and other forms of engagement.
- What percentage of the museum's permanent collection is on display?
- How are users able to access collections in store?
- What does this look like/comprise?
- What is the museum's current outreach offer?
- How does the museum facilitate collections research?
- Is there an online presence, such as online exhibitions or collections database?
- QIS How well does the museum support and promote research into the collections and ensure it is disseminated?
- QIS How well has the museum improved its collection documentation in order to improve public access and knowledge?
For nationally styled museums:
- How does the museum support other museums working in similar fields?
- What research does the museum undertake/has the museum undertaken?
- What staffing arrangements are in place to support research at the museum?
- What is the nature of the research support and faculties provided?